Wednesday, June 3, 2015

BUHAY AKTOR: Bibo is BATSI

As an actor, I like to work. period.

If I am not working on an independent movie or doing small roles on tv, I love to collaborate with film students as well.  And by work I mean I develop my craft, building a character shot by shot.

I just finished doing 2 Thesis Films with DeLaSalle University student film-makers, one with Rio Cruz (Muli) and Encrucijada by Jannusz Curt Tan which I will soon blog about.

It's UST Mass Comm students turn before the end of this school year to comply with their requirements and that is to mount a short film before they could graduate.

And it's this season once again that they hold open auditions for the actors they want to portray in their film.

I emailed Duane Uy my portfolio through this ad on facebook:



And immediately got a reply inviting me to go to UST to meet the production of their film TAKAS (which later on was changed to BATSI). 


I meet up with my fellow thespian Chelina Talavera who happens to also auditioning for Alamat ng Rosas (and yes she got the part)



This also gives me an opportunity to meet up with my sister Em who works as an English Professor in UST.



I was about to sleep that day when I got a text from Duane Uy, the Casting Director of the film that I got the part.

So the negotiations for the talent fee and both of our requirements were discussed. It's a done deal.



Day 1 
March 27,2015

It was agreed that they will pick me up at Chowking Dangwa because that is where the 1st location of our film. My call time was 7am. I was already there by 6:30 to avoid the rush hour.

On Set Adventure







The Scriptwriter, Vanessa Cabacungan who is also the President of the UST Debate Society




The Film Director: Desiree Mateo.  I think that as an Actor, I have to react to my student director the way I react to Professional Directors. I know I have to keep in mind the youth of my director but I am very much prepared to take direction. I believe that at any age, if the director is impressed with your work and you develop a good relationship with them, they'll continue to get your service for a long time to come




The MUA Pam Cruz, who created a haggard look for the role (all through-out the film process)

















We're done with our 1st day of filming. And I am just as excited as everyone else involved ion the production for our out-of-town shoot the next 2 days as we resume filming.

Day 2 & 3  Batangas

































It's a wrap!

Official Poster

Official Trailer



SineReel Film Festival 2015 

The Film was chosen as one of the (30) competing films for thie year's Sine Reel Film Festival and I was there during the public screening. It's a great feeling to have been reunited with the crew I worked with whom I share the same passion.













Top 10Finalist/Awards Night

Among the 30 competing short films, BATSI was chosen as one of the 10 finalists for the awards night.











Collaboration

Given that this is a student film, there's always that flaws but there is brilliance in this movie that you will not find elsewhere. And I am not saying this because I am part of the film, that I am Batsi. While I need to listen and trust my director, they also ensure that I protect my craft.

Thank you to everyone involved in this project.

Until then,

Bibo

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...