Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Time to Give Back

No candles to blow nor Parties to throw. But we made more than 100 abandoned Lolos and Lolas smiled today.


My ever patient brother Tj driving us all over the place. From picking up the food to buying bottles of water. It was my sister Em and my Mom with the help of my brother Tj organized this small Give back "party" to share the little things that we have and the blessings that we continue to receive big or small. God always provides.

My other sister Bianca, may not be physically there but she made some donations for the Missionary as well.
They were all ready and waiting for us as we arrived. They immediately rendered a birthday song.

What was heartwarming was when we were welcomed by the Lolas and Lolos with their handmade personalized garland made for us.







It's heartbreaking seeing these bedridden lolos ad lolas. We checked 'em out as they couldn't join the celebration set up outside. it won't be our last visit. i promised that.



Lola waving her hand as we left the Missionary of Charities. We promised to come back real soon.

It was my sister Em's idea. Last month on her birthday she also did some small charity event back home in Samar

with my brother Tj
with my Mom and my sister
and as per my sister Em "It's always a great feeling when u at least make somebody else's happy even just for a while especially the grannies..."
The token given to us by the Sisters of Missionary of Charities. A rosary touched by the Saint--Mother Teresa. Had goosebumps when I received it.

Special thanks to Sister Jocelyn of Mother Teresa's Missionaries Of Charity Home for the Aged for helping us out along with the other volunteers.



As I celebrate my birthday this year, allow me to share this passage from Oprah that I came across today “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is to celebrate.”



Until then,

Bibo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...