Monday, August 4, 2014

My "1st Ko si 3rd" Experience


Earlier today I went to Trinoma for the 4pm screening of the Cinemalaya Movie 1st ko si 3rd, a directorial debut of Real Florido and one of the competing films for the New Breed Category (2014 Cinemalaya Film Festival). Sorry I couldn't wait for our Gala screening Tomorrow at the CCP.

I was having  conversation with Direk Yay ( Real Florido's nickname) while I was having coffee. I was so moved by Ms. Nova Villa's breakdown scene inside the car, I found myself the last person inside the theater left after the presentation. (Di ako makatayo from my seat because I was still hangin' on to that scene-- Dante Rivero was so good he deserves a recognition). He texted me (Direk Yay) "Sana hindi ka naiyak dahil nadaan ka lang ng camera sa party hehe But seriously Marco, thank you! :)" I have always been fascinated by his humility. During our shooting at V Luna, Quezon City- he introduced me to his producers and some of the film's staff and made me feel as equally important as the other casts. Knowing that he just contacted me through Facebook if I could do a cameo in his movie. I had my waiting area along with other GMA 7 artists inside an air-conditioned room and was even bought an Eye-Mo (both my eyes were so red) and Starbucks Coffee; I came all the way from my graveyard's shift at work. And although I am not an expert in this industry, I have so much respect for a relaxed and good mannered directors, they are the ones who are really good.  Educated people don't need to shout. Result of their work will speak for them. 

I felt proud seeing my name at the credits "Marco Bayona" and although I was a bit disappointed because at the finish products, aaminin ko na- nadaanan lang ako ng camera. Di nagamit ang iba kong scenes. Hahaha. The movie was so good it was well crafted I would not want it any other way. Team #1stKosi3rd FTW! 

Standby Area. Waiting for my turn for make-up.

On stand-by. Hangin out with these GMA Artists Coleen Borgonia and Ken Chan. And one great Hairstylist Abbet Soriano. 

Party Scene. Feeling the 80's vibe


with 1st ko si 3rd's Writer Director Real Florido

Until Then,

Bibo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...