Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Samar: Hidden Paradise


I am Waray and proud. 

I spent the first 16 years of my being in this beautiful and welcoming Island. And it is such a shame that despite the beautiful landscape that our island is blessed for, little is known about it.

I have always been apolitical on the local government. When I studied in UP, I thought that I'd rather be involved on a national level. Truth is, our province is the microcosm of the political mental viewpoint of our country. The results of nepotism, corruption and political dynasties; the very reason why our province has been stagnated for years.

And I am surprised that there are no campaigns for tourism despite the many beautiful sceneries we can offer.

I hope that in my last trip to my hometown- I may be able to show the world the beauty and wonders of Samar Island



(at the Centennial Airport 6am flight  to Samar ;carrying a bag good for 3-day vacation with a little surprise for Mommy-- her Celine shoes)
(Touchdown N.Samar)
(Stop-over at a crab-haven pond along the road - Brgy Dao, San Jose N. Samar)
huli ka boy! 


Mom's welcome food for me (sinugba) while crab is being prepared by our helper

tuba-- our native wine, i actually love this


Let's go to the beach-each.... 

crab is now ready after i had that visit to the beach nearby ( Spice of life Resorts, Victoria N. Samar)



all i need to wake me up

this is it pancit-- for dinner with SMB


Good morning Samar-- with my brother Boody


 our 6am island hopping starts
the then-Vice Mayor of the Municipality of Allen, Mana Ayet Lavin, who is so generous to give us a tour in their resort property (island across the mainland) via boat ride.

 across Island-- San Antonio, for lunch ( here-- my twin sisters are rendering a song number to their kuya.. well loved.. aheem)
lunch is served


Got bruises all over but the hell-- all i need is a freshly-shaked Mango


my twin sisters are havin a good time
Busoglusog



a visit to my HS alma mater St. Francis Academy ( I once played this Saint entitled "Transitus" during the diamond Founding Anniversary of our School)

jeepneys are more colorful in my province

PHOTO STREAMS OF THE BEAUTIFUL AND ENCHANTING ISLAND










































Leaving my hometown 10lbs heavier

Until then,

Bibo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...