Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Taste of Korea: DAEWANG


It’s been after a year since I first eat in this restaurant. It was my friend Nel Gumalog who suggested to try out here in Kalayaan, I was with my group of friends Nel, Mark and Chelina. 



I liked the food so I invited my brother/food buddy Mike to try it there and it became our favorite Korean Restaurant. We go there almost every time we have something to celebrate or sometimes even if we just feel to eat Korean food.




Daewang is located along Kalayaan Ave., Quezon City. They offer various Authentic Korean Dishes, but the most popular in their menu is the unlimited samgyupsal (grilled pork belly). For the price of P300.00/person, you can enjoy unlimited pork, charcoal-grilled right in front of you while you wait. And I kid you not, it is unlimited! Right beside the front door is the buffet table where you can get some sidings, veggies and for Filipinos, rice of course!


I used to have a Korean employer so I've been used to seeing them eat samgyupsal where they wrap the grilled pork with lettuce and eat it just like that, almost like tacos. The lettuce tastes bland of course so it’s up to you to put in some more spices and seasoning. It’s also a good alternative for those who want to cut on rice and carbs.


The place is simple, there is no air-conditions running, but there are fans around the place. Like a typical barbeque restaurant in the Korean dramas, the tables have a big hole in the middle where the charcoals and grill are placed to cook the striped pork belly. We usually visit the place afterlunch-hour;  like between 2 pm to 5pm where we find ourselves the only customers being served at. And we like it because we have freedom to always go back and forth to the buffet table. lol


It’s advisable to bring extra shirt, if planning to go somewhere after eating there, because the smell of food always clings to the clothes.

Try my other Korean Food Resto Reviews on this link: Taste of Korea: Bulgogi


Korea: A Foodie Paradise

Taste of Korea: Wang Mart

and my latest entry You had me at SAMGYUPSAL

And YES: Good Food is sweeter when shared with Good Friends.


Until our next foodtrip adventure,

Bibo



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...