Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Chillin' at Chilis


Chili's Bar and Grill

Location: Greenbelt 5
Legazpi Village, Makati
(02) 729-2862

It was my good pal Mark Go's send-off  lunch out before he headed back to the US to join the military. 

And Chili's Bar and Grill is definitely a perfect setting being a known American food chain that offers a great fusion of Mexican and American food.

Bibo Bayona, foodblogger, Chili's
My good mate Mark Go with his 2 first cousins Melo and Jason ( this great friend of mine also considers me as part of his family, and that I am so grateful about.)
Bibo Bayona, foodblogger, Chili's
Sending my best of luck as he embarks on a new chapter of his life
The Food:
Bibo Bayona, foodblogger, Chili's
 We got warm toasted chips with salsa as we wait for the food order. 
Bibo Bayona, foodblogger, Chili's
My side of the table: I have Monterey Chicken: Marinated, Grilled chicken breast wth BBQ sauce, crispy bacon, cheese and diced tomatoes. Served with mashed potatoes and steamed fresh veggies.
Their Side: Since all of them are big guys (as evident on the pics- the are about 6-footer tall) each of them has BIG MOUTH BURGER BITES; four mini burgers with layers of flavor -- crispy bacon, aged cheddar cheese, sauteed onions and Ranch dressing. Served with fries, crispy onion rings, sprinkled with green onions and Jalapeno Ranch dressing.

Bibo Bayona, foodblogger, Chili's
Closest Buddies Mark and Jason
Bibo Bayona, foodblogger, Chili's
Melo and his usual comic antics. Mabenta pa din through times.
I don't have any reference because I've never been to the US, this resto for me is a good place if you are just looking for comfort food. The quality of its cooking (esp for chicken) is great. And according to Mark,  Chili's being a US franchise has managed to keep their quality consistent.

The only downside on this branch; it gets to be crowded and noisy. I don't know if it was just lunchtime but every time I pass by this branch in Greenbelt, it is always full.  If it's any consolation though, they serve free chips while you wait.

Until our next adventure foodies,

Bibo


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...