Sunday, March 2, 2014

I Love You Sabado!


Salcedo Saturday Market

Tordesillas St., Salcedo Village, 
Makati

I love bazaars. Its atmosphere is so festive that gives me a certain boost. You don't have to dress up or act-as if! It has a very unintimidating ambiance. You know I've been a bazaarista myself and also organized some successful and not so successful events, it's a given I love bazaars, I just love them. period!

Makati is such a busy place especially on weekdays being the central business district of the country and turn into a ghost city on weekend. but on its posh side there is a haven for foodies.  Welcome to food paradise. Welcome to Saturday Salcedo Market.


bibo bayona, blogger, foodblog



bibo bayona, blogger, foodblog

There are foods to suit everyone here from the westerner craving for some home cooked food, to food from different provinces to some great health natural health foods which is very pleasing to me personally.

The Salcedo Market is in busines between 7am to 2pm on Saturday.

Here I come with an empty stomach for my foodtrip adventure with my healthy choices;

1. Kinilaw means to “cook” in vinegar. It’s not really cooking since there is no heat involved. But soaking fish or some other seafood in a strong vinegar solution turns the meat opaque and gives it a texture of having been cooked.
bibo bayona, blogger, foodblog

2. Cream Dory is another name for Pangasius, a white meat fresh water fish that are widely cultured in Asia paired with a cup of brown (organic) rice.
bibo bayona, blogger, foodblog


bibo bayona, blogger, foodblog
Great Saturday morning market that serves freshly prepared local specialties along with other varieties of foods. It is a group of several vendors, each specializing in something. You can get beautifully made local dishes and even French, Indian and Middle Eastern fare. A nice place to go for take-out made with fresh ingredients. You can also eat there as there is a common dining area with tables and chairs. It is also a good place to pick up some treats to take with you on your flight home. Very, very pleasant surprise. All of the vendors are required to meet certain health standards in order to participate in this market

And to cap my Saturday all off, a little joyride to Harbor Bay Square, Manila for some ice-cream cravings at Icebergs and my weekend coffee treat- Starbucks Macchiato!


bibo bayona, blogger, foodblog

bibo bayona, blogger, foodblog


Until then,

Bibo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...