Thursday, March 20, 2014

Taste of Japan: Shinjuku

A rule of thumb to know if the place serves authentic cuisine is if the place is packed with locals from that country. And I am seeing a lot of Japanese people eating here on my three times of visiting this restaurant.

Shinjuku Ramen House
Branch:Pasong Tamo
2277 Chino Roces Ave.Legazpi Village, Makati
(02) 819-1242

Bibo Bayona, Shinjuku, IamBiboBayona

I was starving when I walked in this restaurant on this particular night. I just finished watching a movie in Greenbelt and I knew I was craving for Japanese food. 

I think we were the last guests to be accommodated before closing so waiters acted fast to serve and were knowledgeable of their menu when asked what are the most recommended food in the menu. They were very attentive to my needs. I didn't wait long for that delicious Japanese food.

Bibo Bayona, Shinjuku, IamBiboBayona

Bibo Bayona, Shinjuku, IamBiboBayona
SLUSH Iced Tea at 85.00

Bibo Bayona, Shinjuku, IamBiboBayona
Their gyoza here is really good and I can really tell the difference because I tried many Japanese restos here in Manila: crunchy, freshly-cooked and one can actually taste the filling instead of just being overpowered by the flavor, or non-flavor of the cooking oil. (6pcs at 270.00)  paired with Oyakodon (Rice toppings chicken breast fillet with special egg sauce on top) at 340.00

Bibo Bayona, Shinjuku, IamBiboBayona
It is not an exaggeration to say that by far the best shrimp tempura I have tasted. Very refine and not greasy. (Priced at 345.00 )
It was the perfect place and the best treat to silence my grumbling stomach!!!

Until our next foodtrip adventure,

Bibo


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...